#289 – A History of the Catholic Church – Background

septuagint

After a long wait, Catholic: Under The Hood returns with the beginning of a look at the long history of the Catholic Church. We begin with an overview of the Greek, Roman and Jewish cultural influences that will help guide the growth of the Church from its earliest beginnings up to the modern day.

Links:
Map of Hellenistic Territories
Map of Roman Empire at time of birth of Jesus
Map of Judea at time of Jesus

Check out the other great podcasts at the Starquest Production Network

Send e-mail questions and comments to catholicunderthehood@gmail.com

To listen, just click on the link below:
podcasticon#289 – A History of the Catholic Church – Background

Advertisements

5 Comments

1. MARY JOAN ROURKE
    Posted June 13, 2015 at 9:32 pm | Permalink | Reply

i am happy to have you back. i have really missed your podcasts!!!

2. Gerard Berger
    Posted June 14, 2015 at 12:00 am | Permalink | Reply

Super thrilled to hear the news of a new podcast. Welcome back !!

3. Paul Lundin
    Posted June 14, 2015 at 9:08 am | Permalink | Reply

Awesome!

4. Neil Moffett
    Posted June 18, 2015 at 11:40 pm | Permalink | Reply

Hurrah! Welcome back. I can look forward to many podcasts in the months to come. Thank you Father Seraphim.

5. Kathryn Schneider
    Posted June 22, 2015 at 10:29 pm | Permalink | Reply

I was really happy to see a new podcast from you pop up in my feed! I enjoy your faithful, thoughtful, but approachable commentary. I feel like I don’t need to be a theologian to understand you but that you take the listeners seriously enough to want to give us real knowledge. Tackling the mountains of laundry my children create is more enjoyable now that you’re back, and though I enjoyed the grab bag of episodes you put out before, I’m really excited to hear your take on church history.

One Trackback

1. By Catholic: Under The Hood Classics « on December 13, 2015 at 7:50 pm

[…] #289 – Background #290 – Jesus #291 – Followers of the Way #292 – Baptism in the Early Church #293 – Eucharist in the Early Church […]